NAVAL DIPLOMACY Cruise
Marina Militare Oman: Veliero Shabab Oman II in Catania Port for Naval Diplomacy
Veliero Royal Navy Shabab Oman II in sosta in Catania - tappa del world tour 2017
Velier Shabab Oman II
Nave ammiraglia di Royal Navy Oman
Con a bordo il vice Ambasciatore omanita in Italia: Abdjlghaffar Al Balushi
La nave è al Comando il Capitano Ali Bin Mohammed Bin Salim Al Hosni - il veliero ha fatto già tappa a Siracusa e dopo Catania diretto in Spagna, per poi partecipare a numerose Regate in Nord Europa.
Veliero Royal Navy Shabab Oman II Specification
Shabab Oman (English: Youth of Oman)
SHABAB OMAN II
Royal Navy of Oman
: crew of at least 90 made up of 54 permanent crew and 36 trainees.
There is also accommodation for 4 VIPs.
The ship was built by Damen, a Dutch shipbuilder, with the first stage of construction – building the steel hull – being carried out at a Damen shipyard at Galati on the Black Sea coast in Romania at the mouth of the Danube.
Every stage of construction was supervised by a special team of RNO officers who lived in Romania and the Netherlands while the ship was built.
The hull of the new ship was launched in November 2013, and was then towed by tug down through the Black Sea, through the Bosporus and then right through the Mediterranean.
After battling through the stormy Bay of Biscay, the ship arrived at Vlissingen in Holland in January 2014, where the final stages of construction were completed including the task of installing the complex rigging.
Sophisticated navigation and communication technology were also installed.
The ship’s first long voyage was through the Mediterranean, the Red Sea, the Arabian Sea and the Oman Sea to reach the Omani capital, Muscat.
Areas of operation: Northern Europe, Baltic
Number of trainees:
Number of permanent crew:
Tall ship races and regattas
• HALMSTAD, SWEDEN is located in the middle of Scandinavia’s most expansive region. 30 June 2017 - 3 July 2017
• KOTKA, FINLAND - 13 July 2017 - 16 July 2017
Kotka is a true city-by-the-sea – it’s perched on the estuary of the river Kymijoki.
• TURKU, FINLAND - situated on the banks of the River Aura, and was previously the capital of Finland. The vessels will travel on a spectacular route through the archipelago, before arriving right in the middle of the city. - 20 July 2017 - 23 July 2017
• KLAIPĖDA, LITHUANIA is Lithuania’s centre of business, industry, culture, and science, and it won the Council of Europe Price in 2003 - 29 July 2017 - 1 August 2017
- • SZCZECIN, POLAND - 5 August 2017 - 8 August 2017
Rear Admiral Abdullab Al-Raisi
Ambasciata OMAN in ITALIA in Roma
Roma via della Camilluccia 625
Tel: 06 3630 0517
- Alfio Pizzone